- There is an inner desire amongst all people to preserve our planet’s health regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality or ethnicity
- Living our lives ethically with the health of ourselves, our community and the environment upper most in our minds is the only long term way to address the planets problems and provide a healthy planet for our children and children’s children
- Let’s not wait for a silver bullet. There are plenty of things we can individually do today that done collectively will make a large difference.
- Living in a sustainable way amongst people with similar values is more fulfilling and fun
- Seeking wealth and power drives selfishness and competitiveness whereas developing community and environmental well-being fosters charity and unity
- As a population we need to rekindle our sense of values, morals and principles and these should be at the heart of everything we say and do
- Small considered steps when taken together lead to significant and lasting change
Volunteers, eco-leaders and trustees
Individuals helping Another Way must be willing to:
- Take direct action to conserve the sustainability of the environment
- Educate people about environmental issues and solutions
- Embrace new ideas towards environmental sustainability
- Work together towards the overall aim of the charity putting aside any personal beliefs that are incompatible
Fundraising and use of funds
Money raised will be solely used for the necessary functioning of the charity and any projects or campaigns it is undertaking. When an upcoming project, such as the development of a website, requires funds, a fundraising project will be organised so that those who wish to can make contributions. We will endeavour to require as little funds as possible, primarily encouraging supporters to help in a volunteering capacity.
The educational aspect will have the backing of the scientific community to ensure integrity and accuracy and also to provide information on the latest research findings and innovative new packaging products. We will not promote ‘solutions’ that are not supported by the majority of the scientific community.
Business and organisation affiliations
All affiliations with Another Way must have the environment and sustainability at the forefront of their mission. They must have no wealth or power agenda, and they must be credible with a sufficient and demonstrable track record. They must be willing to share their resources and participate in events and projects run by Another Way, at a minimum attendance of one per annum.
Businesses that are interested in supporting Another Way must provide sufficient evidence as to their sustainable development and involvement in conservation. They must meet at least one of the following criteria and provide sufficient evidence for this:
- Environment sustainability is a priority in their business and is prevalent in their decision making
- They are a donor to an NGO working towards conservation and/or environmental sustainability
- The business sells goods or provides services which are scientifically recognised as directly related to improving sustainability or being more environmentally conscious
- The business is constantly engineering ways to practise in a more environmentally-friendly manner and is at the heart of their decision making