Another Way Community Campaign Manager
We are looking for a strong advocate with compassion who deeply desires humanity to care more about ecology, our planet and our own futures
You will be joining a charity with unbounded ideas and potential.
You will be at the heart of the charity where inspiring people to learn, pro-active communication, a willingness to listen and a determination to succeed will be vital to success.
Another Way was founded in 2019 by 16-year-old Amy Bray. The charity stems from her passion for the planet and a mission to inspire individuals, companies and communities to live more sustainably.
Charity notable achievements
- 27,100 trees and hedgerows planted
- Appointed to UK National Committee for the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development
- Nominated Cumbria Wildlife Trust’s first Nature Hero
- Received Prime Minister’s Points of Light Award
- Appointed Ambassador for DEFRA International Year of Plant Health
- Cumbria Woman of the Year 2019
- Appointed patron of Friends of the Lake District
- Recognised by UN Youth Envoy in its #31DaysofYOUth campaign
- Featured on BBC’s Countryfile, Radio 4 Open Country, Good Morning Britain, Terry Abraham’s final in the BBC trilogy of ‘Life of a Mountain – Helvellyn’
Another Way has two key programmes – 30 Steps Programme and its Ambassador Programme – which will be the main focus for this role.
Another Way’s 30 Steps Programme guides people and organisations to find a more
The Ambassador Programme is seeking out a network of Another Way supporters, school children, teenagers, communities, who will help to share the education programmes we provide.
The position also includes the further development of Another Way’s social media programme to raise awareness of
the work of the charity and encourage participation as a volunteer, member or corporate partner. Also to assist with website updates and other administrative duties as required.
To date, the charity has been wholly managed by the Founder and Board of Trustees. Now,
thanks to funding from Defra and the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we are seeking our first
part-time employee – an enthusiastic Campaign Manager who can demonstrate a
passion for connecting people and the environment and inspiring communities to take local
The post is part-time, 2-3 days per week, but the intention is that the role and responsibilities will grow as the
Salary FTE £30,000 per annum.
Location – candidates for this position can be located anywhere in the UK; work from home
Another Way Community Campaign Manager
Skills and Requirements
- Compassion, integrity and enthusiasm for looking after our natural
- Self starter, initiative and intuitive decision making
- Confidence to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and
chase for results
- A degree level qualification (preferably in an environmental discipline
although this is not essential) and a current, clean driving licence
(minimum one year as a driver).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working or volunteering with a variety of
community groups or charities
- Experience delivering public engagement campaigns, including effective
social media activity
- Strong organisational skills, often working to tight deadlines, with a calm
and confident manner
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure with
excellent attention to detail
- IT proficiency with good knowledge of all MS Office programmes and
confident with video conferencing tools
- Commitment to accurate, detailed record-keeping
- Able to work flexibly around the charity’s needs
Another Way is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from everyone
regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
Location: flexible/work from home
Please apply with your cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Another Way Community Campaign Manager in the subject line.
A DBS check will be carried out for the successful candidate and two professional references